The Perks Of Body Posi | An Introduction

Hello, and welcome to my new venture. If you didn't know, I'm Mollie Quirk – the creator of www.theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.co.uk and its accompanying social media profiles. I have been fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blogging for almost five years, and now I have a second blog... The Perks Of Body Posi. 


This blog post is going to solely focus on urging the fashion industry to becoming a more inclusive environment. We need to see more shapes and sizes, more disabilities, more gender representation, more older models, a vast array of different races, and more representation of NORMAL people. I understand that fashion is a glamorous industry, and 'why would I want to alter something that I adore so much' – but as a midsize, curvy girl, it's important to me that the fashion industry becomes more inclusive, as it can be so damaging for young people. I don't want the fashion industry to become inclusive just for curvy girls, fat girls, and girls who have a different shape to the models that grace the catwalk, I want the fashion industry to become inclusive of everything that you'd see when you walk down the high street. From race, gender, age, and disability – all of these things need to become more visible within the fashion industry. We need to see people with a larger body type on the catwalks of couture clothing collections, we need to see people with alopecia in beauty campaigns, we need to see women of 65+ modelling clothing for highstreet brands, and we need to see people of different ethnicities modelling for high end fashion labels. SO much needs to change within the fashion industry, and I am here to make this happen.. this is why I have started the new movement #ThePerksOfBodyPosi




CURVES. CELLULITE. SCARS. CHUB. ROLLS ✨✨✨✨ So... this isn't my usual post is it? Body positive posts are a regular occurrence here, but stripped down to my lingerie!? Never 🙈🙉 this is a huge thing for me to be doing, and I am so scared as to how it's going to be received. I want to dive head first into the body positivity community, and it's my goal to make the fashion industry become more inclusive (and diverse).. body sizes, shapes, race, gender, and age! I'm a size 14/16 midsize girl, and I don't think that my body shape or type is represented within the media as much as it could be.. hence why I've started @theperksofbodyposi - an online space where I shall be investigating, looking into, and celebrating body positivity in its splendour 🙋🏻‍♀️✨ I'm so excited!!! My body posi page originally started out as a repost account, but it's now going to be an online space where I share my body, other people's bodies,and tackle issues within the fashion industry regarding body positivity, self love, and body confidence 😍 I'm so excited!!! #THEPERKSOFBODYPOSI . . . . #theperksofmolliequirk #molliewears #whatiworetoday #flatlay #size16style #midsizestyle #reallifeandstyle #theperksofmolliequirk #chattycaptioncommunity #curvy #curvystyle #plussize #averagegirlsize #londonblogger #londonbloggers #london #molliequirk #bodyposi #bodyconfidence
A post shared by Mollie Quirk 🦋 (@theperksofmolliequirk) on

This blog, and the accompanying social media profiles exists to urge the fashion industry to become more inclusive. I will be interviewing body positive advocates, normal people who think they aren't represented, fashion brands and labels that have/do represent some of the above, and potentially fashion brands and labels that don't.


I want to make a change. I want to inspire people. And I want #ThePerksOfBodyPosi to be a safe space, haven, and online community where we can all express ourselves, get our voices heard, and celebrate one another. 

Not only will I be raising the above issue, but I'll be positing lots of positive goodness – from shots of me in my bra and knickers with my cellulite, stretch marks, rolls, and curves on show, to me rocking the latest trends, to rounds up of my favourite #ThePerksOfBodyPosi posts (that you guys have shared on social media using the hashtag), and SO much more amazing goodness that will inspire you, and urge fashion brands to become more inclusive.

Thank you so much for supporting me with my new venture... it's exciting, and I'm ready to inspire everybody that comes across #ThePerksOfBodyPosi. Sure, there will no doubt be some criticism, maybe even some trolling – but that's expected, as there's such an influx of uneducated people who believe that they need to find everybody attractive in order to support them... but this isn't the case. You don't need to want to have sex with somebody in order to support them, accept them, and move on. We aren't here to gratify your sexual desires.. we are here to celebrate ourselves in all of our splendour, and I'm excited to help you all realise your beauty!

Lots of love, Mollie xx

Comments